If you attend a Nigerian federal university it means that you’ve been out of school for almost a year, and there are two major players responsible for that: ASUU and COVID. You’ve probably gone through a shit ton of emotions in the past year about school so we put this together because we know you can relate to these 12 memes.
1. When ASUU first called a two-week warning strike
Two whole weeks away from the madness that is school? Why not? Nothing could be better.
2. Then the government imposed the lockdown
“Come and join me sing hallelujah! No school, no assignment, no foolish lecturers. Please let me rest.”
3. When you realized you’ve been at home for six months
Wait o…This thing don dey long.
4. And there’s still COVID outside
You start thinking “Wait, am I at home because of COVID or because of the strike? But Babcock people have gone to school now.” Oluwa wetin dey happen.
5. When you see your juniors in private universities graduating
“It’s not you people’s fault. At least they let me use phone in my own school.”
6. So you decide to start looking for a job…
“Please employ me. I will do anything as long as you feed me.”
7. When you heard that ASUU and the federal government were having meetings
Imagine praying for school to resume. School of all things o.
8. And then they “suspended” the strike
TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL.
9. So you started preparing for school again
You and your friends probably started making plans already. You renewed your apartment’s rent, you looked at your course forms and time tables again. Let’s go!
10. But ASUU said there’s still COVID so you still can’t go to school
It went from “You’re resuming on January 18” to “Let’s see what the next few months hold”
11. This is you calculating when you’ll graduate
“So if they call off the strike now, when will we resume? How many semesters left? Worst case, by 2023 I should be done in Jesus name. “
12. When you try to remember your matric number
150……15070…. 150709. Omo, fuck it.
The post 12 Memes Every Nigerian Federal University Student Can Relate To appeared first on Zikoko!.
- Anambra school shut down for violating resumption date directives
- Mixed grill over reopening of schools
- Edo govt to trains teachers on COVID-19 ahead of schools resumption
- SSANU, NASU To Commence Indefinite Strike On February 5 – Newspot
- Bernie Sanders Finally Reacts To Those Viral Inauguration Memes!