20 people have been reported dead while two others sustained serious injuries in a fatal auto accident at Tirwun village, a suburb of Bauchi metropolis along Bauchi-Maiduguri expressway.
The accident occurred on Sunday between a Toyota 18-passenger bus in its way to Maiduguri from Jos and a Gulf taxi approaching Bauchi.
The two vehicles, according to eyewitnesses were involved in a head-on collision where the passengers died.
While confirming the accident, the Police Public Relations Officer, Bauchi State Command, DSP Ahmed Wakil, said police deposited 20 corpses of the victims at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital’s Mortuary.
Ahmed Wakili though could not confirm the cause of the accident, he said that Police personnel promptly responded to the distress call and joined in the evacuation of the victims.
DSP Wakil added that the two survivors who were females, were receiving treatment at the Hospital.
Also an eyewitness said the two vehicles went up in flames, burning the 20 passengers on board beyond recognition.
- Kidnapped son of Bauchi Auditor-General, Mohammed escapes from kidnappers’ den
- Bauchi Auditor-General’s son escapes from kidnappers’ den
- Akungba Ghastly Road Mishap: FRSC Boss Deploys Safety Engineers For Assessment
- AGBOR GAS EXPLOSION: Oborevwori commiserates with victims
- How woman, three children were killed in Delta gas explosion