Football is a high-grossing game and players of the game get paid different amounts at the club level depending on many factors.
Reports have it that 34-year-old Argentina captain, Lionel Messi leads other footballers in the 2022 ranking of highest-paid footballers across the world.
Naija News gathered that the Argentine forward who recently joined PSG from Barcelona is the current highest-paid player for 2022, earning a whopping sum of £960,000-per-week at the French club he plays for.
PSG also accounts for two other players on the list while Cristiano Ronaldo of Manchester United is the 6th highest-paid player for 2022 according to data released by Daily Star which used information from Marca and Salary Sport to determine its ranking.
Ronaldo is however the highest paid in the English Premier League, with a weekly earning of £385,000 per week.
Below is the top ten list of highest-paid footballers in the world for 2022, their current club side, and weekly earnings.
10. David de Gea (Manchester United): £375,000 per week
9. Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona/Aston Villa): £380,000 per week
8. Eden Hazard (Real Madrid): £381,000 per week
7. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City): £385,000 per week
6. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United): £385,000 per week
5. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain): £410,000 per week
4. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid): £528,000 per week
3. Oscar (Shanghai Port): £540,000 per week
2. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain): £606,000 per week
1. Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain): £960,000 per week
This article was originally published on Naija News
- Milinkovic-Savic has a different transfer dream despite Man Utd on pole for €80m move
- 15 Privacy Coins See Double-Digit Weekly Gains, Monero Jumps 13%, Secret Gains 50%
- New Printable Coupons Today
- Everton Sack Benitez
- Virat Kohli set to overtake Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly in India’s elite batting list against South Africa in ODIs | Cricket News
Don’t Miss Out!
Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 6:04 AM
Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 6:00 AM
Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 5:30 AM