Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia state has said the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, should zone its presidential ticket in the southeast.
Ikpeazu explained that the South East did not produce the President of Nigeria; therefore PDP would have to give the zone its ticket.
He also noted that zoning the presidential ticket in the South East was the right thing to do in the spirit of fairness and justice.
Ikpeazu argued that with the PDP zoning its presidency to the north, the presidential niche should go to the southeast.
“Our zoning options were spelled out by the PDP and he says the party presidency should go to the North in 2023.
“As an individual I feel that the weight of fairness and justice favors the president of the South and when we come to the South we find out which area has not yet produced the president and give the ticket to that zone, ”he said. .
The former ruling party last week zoned its national presidency north.
The PDP made the decision at its National Executive Council (NEC) meeting in Abuja.
The post 2023: Ikpeazu insists PDP must zone presidential ticket to the southeast appeared first on The Bharat Express News.
- We Will Back You For 2023 Presidency – Kano Speaker Tells Tinubu
- 5,000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Cross River
- Atiku, Tambuwal, Mohammed Show Interest In Contesting 2023 Presidency
- APC State Congress: Appeal Committee Visits Kwara, Promises Fairness
- APC Chieftain Reveals How IPOB Can Secure Kanu’s Release
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- Find out the truth – the tuple report will be released on Wednesday
- Bitcoin charges $ 64,000 as Tesla ATH pushes Elon Musk to $ 250 billion in net worth
- MacOS Monterey deployment now: how to download
- Iranian governor slapped during speech by another Govt official (Video)
- Iris Scanning Worldcoin Idea Fuels Objections From Privacy Advocates — Snowden Says ‘Don’t Catalog Eyeballs’