Among the thousands who have lost their homes to unprecedented West Coast wildfires in recent days is one of the notorious Oregon 11—the Republican state senators who twice staged a walkout to stop a Democratic majority from passing a climate change bill.
But despite an overwhelming scientific majority that ties the extent and ferocity of the wildfires at least in part to climate change, State Sen. Fred Girod’s personal encounter with the result has left him only more set in his views.
The 69-year-old dentist-turned-politician blames the loss of the house he called “my forever home” not on climate change, but on environmentalists.
- Thibaut Cortois Blames Real Madrid For Loss To Cádiz
- Fayemi condoles with Awolowo family over first daughter’s death
- Even Parts of Trumpworld Are Like: Rudy, WTF Are You Doing?
- Man Brought His Bed, Gas Cooker To Protest Ground
- Rudy’s ‘Russian Agent’ Pal Booted from Facebook for U.S. Election Interference