Texas state lawmaker Gary Gates lost power at his Fort Bend County home on Tuesday evening, and on Wednesday morning he hopped on his private jet to the magical land of Orlando, Florida.
His ill-timed escape came on the same day Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and his family flew to Cancun, just as the extreme winter storm unfolded into a once-in-a-generation crisis in Texas. Millions were left without power or running water as temperatures dipped below freezing, killing at least 30 people.
Gates, a Republican, said he made the decision after his pipes burst, 30 percent of his home flooded and he began to see mold.
- Texas utility files for bankruptcy after $2.1 bn power bill | Newspot
- ‘Death Cult!’ Hollywood SHRIEKS Over Texas Opening Up
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott Lifts Mask Mandate & Says Businesses Can Open To 100% Capacity
- ‘Murdering’ Mom: Boyfriend Wanted Me to Ditch the Kids
- Electricity: Nigeria’s power sector records new peak transmission