At least four persons have been killed and several houses burnt in attacks on two village; Zanwah and Nchetahu of Miango District in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.
The attackers were said to have invaded the villages on Saturday night killing four people and leaving several others injured, while an additional four corpses were said to be recovered from the bush on Sunday.
In their account of the incident, the police in a statement signed by its Public Relations Officer, Gabriel Ubah, said the command received a report of a conflict between gunmen suspected to be Fulani militia and youths from Irigwe community.
They said four natives were killed and 50 houses were burnt.
The state Commissioner of Police, Mr Edward Egbuka, has visited the scene in the company of other senior officers of the command.
Ubah says the CP has now ordered an investigation into the matter.
- Fulani Have Killed 50 Residents, Burnt 254 Houses – Kaduna Monarch
- “Fulanis Have Killed 50 Residents, Burnt 254 Houses” – Kaduna Monarch Cries Out
- My Boss Directs Me To Kill Christians During Religious Crisis In Jos – Suspect
- Tragic! Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion
- Sokoto Commissioner’s House Razed, District Head’s Residence Attacked