Doctors at the Hai Phong Iternational Hospital in the city of Hai Phong, Vietnam were were in awe when a baby was born holding the contraceptive coil that was meant to stop its mother from getting pregnant.
Obstetrician Tran Viet Phuong said the device had come out when the baby was born. The infant had it held firmly in his hands when the picture was taken, it is claimed.
Dr Phuong told local media that he never thought the photo would go viral.
“After delivery, I thought him holding the device was interesting, so I took a picture. I never thought it would receive so much attention.” he said.
The baby’s 34-year-old mother claims she had the coil inserted two years earlier but it did not work because she later discovered she was pregnant.
“I was surprised when I got pregnant despite using the contraceptive to stop me from having more children” she told newsmen
Dr Phuong said the device may have been moved from its original position, becoming an ineffective form of contraception and allowing the mother to become pregnant.
The baby was healthy when born, weighing 7lbs, and both mother and child were under observation in the hospital after the birth, it’s reported.
- WWE twins, Nikki and Brie Bella give birth a day apart (Photos)
- WWE Bella twins, Nikki and Brie Bella welcome baby boys 1 day apart
- Israeli army says it hit squad placing explosives along Syria border
- Police rescue baby girl dumped in the bush in Anambra
- Just In: Gunmen Attack Church, Kill Pregnant Woman, Others In Bayelsa