Former Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, has blamed bad governance for the pervasive insecurity in the North. Speaking at the 60th birthday of elder statesman, Dr. Nawoni Aboki, yesterday, in Lafia, Nasarawa State capital, he appealed to youths in the country to eschew violence and pursue peace.
The former governorship candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) noted that “insecurity is currently ravaging the entire 19 Northern states that used to be the most peaceful region of the country” because of poor governance and injustice.
He urged Northern leaders to do the needful before the monster consumes everybody, noting that it was not too late to correct the ills.
- Tokyo Olympics: Nigeria’s Enekwechi qualifies for men’s shot put final | Newspot
- 11 killed as India’s monsoon death toll swells | Newspot
- Greek firefighters battle to extinguish forest blaze | Newspot
- Exclusive Photos from the First BBNaija 6 Party through the Lens of TECNO Phantom X
- Olympic Games: Injury ends Adegoke’s podium dream, as Italy’s Jacobs wins 100m final | Newspot