AC Milan coach, Stefano Pioli, has revealed that striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, asked him to substitute him during his side’s Serie A derby 3-0 defeat against Inter Milan on Sunday.
Pioli also said that Inter Milan defeated AC Milan because his players struggled to find rhythm, intensity, and quality during the game.
A brace from Lautaro Martinez and a strike from Romelu Lukaku gave Inter Milan all three points against Pioli’s side at San Siro.
“Ibrahimovic? He asked to be replaced because of a calf cramp,” Pioli said at a post-match press conference after the game.
“We will see his condition to see if he can play on Thursday and on Sunday.”
He added: “It was very draining to allow a goal after 5 minutes. We struggled to find rhythm, intensity, and quality. Inter played the match that they wanted.
“We were too aggressive, and we conceded on the counter, especially in the second half. It has been a difficult week, but we will fight back.”
Inter Milan are now four points clear ahead of AC Milan on top of the Serie A table.
The post Barcelona vs Cadiz: Messi makes history, surpasses Xavi’s record after La Liga draw appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Serie A: Signing Cristiano Ronaldo was a mistake by Juventus – Cassano
- I Don’t Think Its Right That LeBron James Talks About Politics – Ibrahimovic
- Chelsea vs Man Utd: Referee reportedly admits Hudson-Odoi’s handball was ‘penalty’
- Opoku, Mensah miss penalties for either side as Super Clash ends goalless
- Messi Inspires Barcelona To Victory Over Sevilla