With life pretty much back to normal, hundreds of thousands of young adults across the country have returned to college. If you’re one of them, your Ikea pots are probably collecting dust in the back of the cupboard while you sample all that the main street fast food chains have to offer.
Still, with exams on the horizon and nights approaching, it might be time to ditch on-the-go food and a quick pot of noodles in favor of a few healthy meals made from scratch. Making easy, nutritious recipes will not only provide better brain food for class, but it’s also a great way to earn brownie points with your roommates or mingle with new groups – think sociable dinners and brunches that result.
Three to four homemade meals a week can also help with the bank balance, leaving a few extra pounds for a textbook here or a night out there …
Simply start with a curry, noodle dish, roast dinner, or kebab, all certified student favorites. These Ikea pans might end up being useful after all.
The best cookbooks for students
Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson (Chatto and Windus, £ 26)
Save Nigella’s How to Eat for a 21st birthday present; Express is much friendlier, with quick dinners and awesome desserts. Cooking from it is the best way to ensure harmony between roommates.
The art of the pantry by Claire Thomson (Quadrille, £ 25)
This book is a savior for those with limited refrigerator space; its pages focus on meals prepared from store staples such as chickpeas, rice, polenta, and spices.
One pound meal by Miguel Barclay (Big title, £ 16.99)
Barclay’s first book does exactly what it says on the tin; quick and easy meals at £ 1 per serving. Indispensable for low budget dinners as well as for everyday meals.
Solo by Signe Johansen (Blue Bird, £ 8.49)
Inspirational toast, single-serve pasta dishes, and a few sweet treats make this the perfect little book for those who opt for the studios.
Slater is renowned for his ability to create beautiful plates of food from a handful of ingredients; Eat contains over 600 and will inspire cooks for life.
Easy student recipes
Stuffing, roasted potatoes, perfect chicken, delicious sauce… what more could you ask for?
The post Best student meals: quick and easy recipes for college appeared first on The Bharat Express News.
- Dele Alli sparks romance rumors with MIC newcomer Nicole Berry
- 10 FREE Customized Gift Tags at Walgreens w/ FREE Same-Day Pickup
- 13 Things You Should Not Drag With Nigerians If You Like Yourself
- This “gentle parenting” guru gives advice on raising confident children
- Chrissy Teigen shares sweet photo of kids Luna and Miles on festive family outing to The Grove
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- Find out the truth – the tuple report will be released on Wednesday
- Bitcoin charges $ 64,000 as Tesla ATH pushes Elon Musk to $ 250 billion in net worth
- MacOS Monterey deployment now: how to download
- Iranian governor slapped during speech by another Govt official (Video)
- Iris Scanning Worldcoin Idea Fuels Objections From Privacy Advocates — Snowden Says ‘Don’t Catalog Eyeballs’