President Joe Biden has called on longtime friend and ally Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York to resign, hours after the release of an independent investigation that found the governor had sexually harassed nearly a dozen women.
“I think he should resign,” Biden said on Tuesday afternoon, during a briefing updating the federal government’s vaccination program. Biden said that while “the state legislature may decide to impeach,” he would leave calls for Cuomo’s impeachment to leaders in Albany.
It followed a similar call from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), who said in a statement, “Recognizing his love of New York and the respect for the office he holds, I call upon the Governor to resign.”
- Buhari To Address UN General Assembly Sept 24
- Milley acted to prevent Trump from misusing nuclear weapons, war with China, book says
- I Never Compared Nnamdi Kanu, Sunday Igboho To Boko Haram – Gbajabiamila
- It Took a Near Coup from the Military to Stop Trump’s Coup
- Lagos: Sanwo-Olu Appoints New LASTMA General Manager