Modern romance novels are my weakness – seriously, I’m addicted to the drama, anticipation, flirting, sex, and happily ever afters – and Christina Lauren’s novels never fail to delight. Made up of writer duo/best friends Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings, Christina Lauren are bestselling authors of 27 books and recently released the uplifting The Soulmate Equation, which stayed in my head days after reading it.
Despite what every love story would have you believe, Jessica Davis and Dr. River Pena’s meeting in a coffee shop is not a meet cute. She works freelance statistics (and gossips with best friend Fizzy), and River comes in every day at 8:24 a.m. to order an Americano, grumble at everyone, and leave. So when Jess submits her DNA to matchmaking company GeneticAlly and is matched with one of its founders, she is definitely not happy it turns out to be grumpy coffee-shop guy. Surely, he can’t be her soulmate, right?
After falling in love with these characters, I understand if you need a moment before you’re ready to dive back in to another book. When you are, check out these 15 amazing contemporary romance books to read next.
- Cat Sebastian’s Latest Book Is the Queer Regency Romance You’ve Been Missing
- ENG W vs IND W 1st Test LIVE: Pooja Vastrakar strikes, removes Lauren Winfield; ENG 83/1 (25.2 ov)- Follow live update
- Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner Sure Acted Like a Couple Again at This Benefit Gala With Stormi
- Security Guard Falls From Kwara Bridge, Dies
- Policemen, NSCDC Officials Killed As Gunmen Attack Chinese Firm In Zamfara