Unidentified gunmen on Tuesday attacked the Odoata central school in Ihiala, in the local government area of Ihiala in Anambra state, where the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) was scheduled to hold its rally.
It was understood that the APGA was preparing to organize a political rally in the region when the armed men visited, at the same time that the governor’s convoy arrived, while the armed men engaged security guards in the convoy of the governor.
“The governor’s convoy was held up for about an hour as gunfire escalated across the region,” a source said.
Meanwhile, DSP Toochukwu Ikenganyia, head of public relations at the Anambra State Police Command, confirmed that there had been an attack in Ihiala.
He said: “The attack happened at the Odoata Central School, next to St Martins Church, in Ihiala. It happened around 9:30 am.
“We recovered an AK-47 rifle, two magazines with 30 rounds and a Toyota Hilux vehicle from the attackers.
“The police and the army are currently on the ground while the search operations are underway. Normalcy has since returned to the region, ”said PPRO Ikenga.
When the Anambra State Information Commissioner, MC Don Adinuba, was contacted, he confirmed the report, but declined to speak about the attack on the governor.
He said: “A combined team of police and soldiers this afternoon repelled an attack by unknown gunmen at Odoata Primary School in Ihiala, where the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) was to organize a campaign rally for the governorate elections on 6 November in Anambra. State.
“The gunmen came on various motorcycles and in three vehicles, namely a Toyota Lexus 350 ES with the registration number EKY 765 EX, a Toyota RAV4 with the number JJJ 434FP and a Ford van whose number did not could be determined at the time of this report because he caught fire during the exchange of bullets between the armed men and the security forces.
“The armed men, unable to resist the superior firepower of the soldiers and the police, quickly rushed to the large premises of the Notre-Dame de Lourdes hospital which is located just in front of the countryside.
“They suffered serious injuries, even though they managed to shoot a valiant soldier,” according to an eyewitness who did not want his name released in the media out of fear for his safety, “Adinuba said. .
The post BREAKING: Armed men attack APGA rally, take Obiano’s convoy hostage appeared first on The Bharat Express News.
- Gunmen Attack Abeokuta Church, Abduct 3 Worshippers
- Hundreds Of Inmates Escape As Gunmen Break Into Oyo Prison
- Oyo Prison Attack Exposed Nigeria’s Poor Security – Gani Adams
- Anambra Election: Shine Your Eyes – Igbo Group Warns Electorate
- Exposed: Number Of Escapees, Recaptured Inmates After Gunmen Attacked Oyo Prison
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- Find out the truth – the tuple report will be released on Wednesday
- Bitcoin charges $ 64,000 as Tesla ATH pushes Elon Musk to $ 250 billion in net worth
- MacOS Monterey deployment now: how to download
- Iranian governor slapped during speech by another Govt official (Video)
- Iris Scanning Worldcoin Idea Fuels Objections From Privacy Advocates — Snowden Says ‘Don’t Catalog Eyeballs’