The Independent National Electoral Commission on Wednesday announced its decision to remove 749 polling units from inappropriate facilities.
The electoral body removed nine polling units from shrines and several others from religious houses, royal palaces, and private properties.
The Chairman of the commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, disclosed this on Wednesday in Abuja at a meeting with Resident Electoral Commissioners (RECs).
The INEC Chairman, however, did not state the reason for the removal of the polling units.
Nigeria presently has 176, 846 full-fledged polling units from the initial 119, 973 polling units.
In another development, INEC has revealed the date the 2022 Osun gubernatorial election will hold.
This article was originally published on Nigeria News
- Lagos Local Government Elections In Photos – Newspot
- Fayemi Knocks NASS Over Conditional Electronic Transmission Of Electoral Results
- Fayemi speaks on electronic transmission of results – “National Assembly is giving an impression of a hidden agenda”
- Ogun Governor Commends Electorates For Peaceful Conduct – Newspot
- Lagos LG Election: Why Card Reader Failed At My Polling Unit – Gbajabiamila