Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has pleaded with critics of Willian not to crucify him.
Speaking ahead of Thursday’s Europa League round of 32 clash at Benfica, Arteta insisted that pundits were not being fair in their assessment of the player.
Willian swapped Chelsea for the Gunners as a free agent last summer.
Despite signing a three-year deal, the Brazilian has not scored this season and is rarely in the starting line-up in recent weeks.
“I don’t want to say it’s unfair because expectations are really high in terms of the goals he can score, the assists he can create.
“You expect him to be in the starting line-up, so it is normal that people write things about him.
“What he is doing, the way he is training, the way he is working and the way he is pushing to give everything at the team, is what I demand.
“Whether he is more or less successful in the game is another matter. It will come, with the quality he has,” Arteta said.
The post BREAKING: NPFL: Bus carrying Wikki Tourists players bursts into flames appeared first on Newzandar News.
- EPL: Arteta gives reasons for shouting at Arsenal players during 1-0 defeat to Man City
- Arsenal vs Benfica Is A Final Match – Manager Mikel Arteta
- PSL 2021 LAH Vs PES Live Score: Lahore Qalandars require 141 to win against Peshawar Zalmi, follow Live updates
- The Nigerian Stars to Look out for in 2021
- Mark Lawrenson Predicts Winner Of Arsenal vs Man City Today