President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Ahmed Abubakar Audi as the new Commandant-General of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).
This followed the retirement from service of Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu.
The federal government said Audi emerged the top best candidate “out of those who went through the transparent selection process initiated by the Ministry of Interior through the Board”.
Buhari has also nominated Haliru Nababa MNI, as the new Controller-General of the Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS).
His appointment is subjected to Senate confirmation in line with the provision of the new Act establishing the Nigerian Correctional Service 2019.
Minister of Interior and Chairman, Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Board (CDCFIB), Rauf Aregbesola congratulated the appointees.
Aregbesola advised them to ensure full implementation of the mandate of their respective service.
The minister called for synergy with other agencies to provide efficient internal security services.
- Speed up action to tame insecurity, Buhari charges new service chiefs | Newspot
- You Have Few Weeks To Perform – Buhari Tells New Service Chiefs
- Borno: Zulum Appoints Kwara Army General As Security Adviser
- Why I Am Not Surprised Buhari Didn’t Retain Me – Dalung
- NDDC: Call Akpabio to order, group tells Buhari, Nat’l assembly