A Second Republic member of the House of Representatives from Kano State, Dr Junaid Mohammed is dead.
His brother, Dr Ahmed Salik, a former lecturer with the Bayero University Kano and also a former member of the House of Representatives confirmed his death this evening.
Late Junaid, a Soviet trained Medical Doctor died on Thursday evening at his residence in Kano after a protracted illness.
His death was announced shortly after former Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Abdullahi Dikko, passed on.
WITHIN NIGERIA had reported that he died at a hospital in Abuja.
The Katsina State indigene, who led the NCS from 2009 to 2015, had been facing a probe by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission as well as the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission.
More to come…
The post BREAKING: Second Republic lawmaker, Junaid Mohammed, is dead appeared first on Within Nigeria.
- Auto crash claims 9 lives, injures 41 in Kano
- REALLY SAD! Man Narrates How His Two Children, Mother, Sister And Nieces Perished In Kano Fire
- Suspected Herdsmen Kill Woman Returning From Stream In Ogun
- We’re still using 119,973 polling units created in 1996— INEC
- Tributes as 2nd Republic Edo lawmaker dies, buried