There is tension in the early hours of Thursday morning at the Obalende area of Lagos Island following a violent clash between rival groups of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW).
Naija News reports that people were seen running in different directions for safety while several properties were destroyed.
It was gathered that scores of people were also said to have sustained injuries.
The clash, which is still ongoing, was gatheredto have started at about 9 am.
Residents and motorists have been urged to avoid the area for now pending the arrival of security personnel to restore sanity and safety.
— Wellington (@W_wislim) February 11, 2021
- Tension As Police flogs residents with machete in Aba (Video)
- Gridlock: Lagos completes repair work on Eko Bridge
- N30b Benin stormwater project was a fraud, Obaseki declaresNigeria — Newspot – Nigeria and World News
- Rising tension: Stop ethnic profiling; pursue peace, says Olawepo-Hashim
- Why I love Chelsea – Romelu Lukaku