They couldn’t refuse!
Hundreds of elated Italians flooded the streets of Bensonhurst, Brooklyn for a victorious celebration after their country’s monumental Euro Cup victory over England on Sunday night.
Wild video of the celebration shows scores of fans cheering and waving Italian flags at the intersection of 18th Avenue and Bay Ridge Parkway following their team’s 3-2 victory that was decided in a shootout.
The street had been closed off for the game as Caffe Sportivo — a tiny Italian social club at the corner — streamed the action on outdoor televisions.
It was Italy’s second continental title after 1968. The country has four World Cups.
England was playing in its first major final in 55 years.
It’s the latest heartache in shootouts at major tournaments for England, after defeats in 1990, 1996, 1998, 2004, 2006 and 2012.
With Post wires
Metro | New York Post
- Kane Skips Spurs Return Amid City Transfer Talk – Newspot
- BBNaija: Step away from Jackie B – Jay Paul tells Boma
- India tour of England: Virat Kohli on verge of achieving 5 big records in England- check out
- Woman ‘Looking For Husband’ Storms Popular Abuja Church Wearing Wedding Dress To Express Her Faith For Her Marital Breakthrough
- Olympic Games: Injury ends Adegoke’s podium dream, as Italy’s Jacobs wins 100m final | Newspot