The Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, has said the Federal Government will do all it can tp prevent medical doctors from leaving the country.
The minister stated this on Friday in Abuja after inspecting work on the new cancer centre at the National Hospital, Abuja.
Ehanire revealed that the Muhammadu Buhari-led administration will provide the necessary incentives to make migration unattractive for the doctors.
The Health Minister admitted that medical doctors leaving Nigeria to foreign countries has become a challenge.
“We have plans to provide better funding for our hospitals in Nigeria and make such migration unattractive,” he said.
According to Ehanire, hospitals performed well during the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country
He, therefore, pledged that the government will do everything possible to ensure that doctors will prefer to remain and work in the country.
Ehanire advised hospital managements to spend wisely, properly maintain the facilities when completed and seek alternative sources of funding.
He praised the hospital administrators for its prompt services to patients and advised them to be prepared for a possible resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic as other countries are now experiencing.
“Schools are resuming, people are travelling in and out the country so we must be prepared for any emergency,” he warned.
- Illegal border crossings, driven by pandemics and natural disasters, hit record high
- Bat Research Group Failed To Submit Virus Studies Quickly, NIH Says
- IPOB: Buhari Govt Sends Message To Friendly Nations Over Nnamdi Kanu, Warns Others
- Nigeria’s fastest growing HMO offers free mammograms to women aged 40 and above
- Make Nigeria proud in sports, Buhari charges NYSC members
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- London Irish stun Exeter for first win of season
- Bitcoin “still bullish” even as BTC price drops to $ 50,000 – analysis
- DMX real estate battle gets even MORE complicated as alleged 15th heir surfaces pretending to be his child
- Man Who Won Over N410m In Lottery Says He Simply Wants To Buy Slippers And Toothbrush
- Man Puts Himself Up For Sale Due To Hardship In The Country