The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has accused the federal government of plotting to take over the government in Zamfara state by declaring a state of emergency.
Naija News reports that the PDP made the claim in a press conference on Wednesday addressed by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbondiyan.
According to the party, the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government is bent on having the All Progressives Congress (APC) take over the state “after failing to convince Governor Bello Muttawalle to join its fold.”
The PDP noted that insecurity in the land is not restricted to Zamfara but such states as Niger, Katsina and Kaduna and called on the government to perish the thought of taking over a state it (PDP) won on the ballot.
The party warned that any attempt at dislodging the democratic structures in the North-West state will trigger a crisis that would be difficult to manage.
- Why Nobody Can Become President Without Rivers, Lagos, Kano – Wike
- Zamfara: You Will Lose Your Seat If You Leave PDP – Yari Warns Matawalle
- Nigerian Needs The People’s Constitution – Pastor Adefarasin
- Pantami Reveals What Will Happen To Nigerians Who Don’t Do NIN Verification Of Their SIMs
- Makinde vs Fayose: Arapaja Defeats Olafeso To Emerge PDP Southwest Chairman