President Muhammadu Buhari has written to the Senate seeking an amendment to the Petroleum Industrial Act, PIA.
The amendment to the new Act to allow for the removal of the Ministers of Petroleum and Finance from the board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, saying that they can continue to perform their functions without necessarily being members of the board.
The amendment is also seeking for the amendment to allow the Non-Executive Members to be increased from two to six in the interest of our national petroleum.
Buhari also wrote to the Senate seeking the screening and subsequent confirmation of board members of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
- Make Nigeria proud in sports, Buhari charges NYSC members
- Australia Needs Regulations to Facilitate Crypto Business, Senate Committee Reports
- Garland fights off pressure from both sides in congressional testimony
- Facebook’s supervisory board seeks more transparency on high-level users
- Atiku, Tambuwal, Mohammed Show Interest In Contesting 2023 Presidency
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- London Irish stun Exeter for first win of season
- Bitcoin “still bullish” even as BTC price drops to $ 50,000 – analysis
- DMX real estate battle gets even MORE complicated as alleged 15th heir surfaces pretending to be his child
- Man Who Won Over N410m In Lottery Says He Simply Wants To Buy Slippers And Toothbrush
- Man Puts Himself Up For Sale Due To Hardship In The Country