Former Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger and former Italian manager, Fabio Capello have given their verdict on the strong penalty appeals made by Cristiano Ronaldo in Juventus 2-1 defeat to Porto on Wednesday.
The former Real Madrid star was furious when the referee rejected his penalty appeals in the final moments of the last 16 first leg clash in Portugal.
Andrea Pirlo’s side performed poorly and lost 2-1 at the Estadio do Dragao after making some shameful mistakes.
However, Ronaldo controlled a ball in the box, flicking it backwards, but was caught by Zaidu’s clumsy challenge.
The Spanish referee Carlos del Cerro Grande waved play on and the VAR, Alejandro Hernandez, did not intervene either.
The 5 times Champions League winner was furious with the official and was seen shouting at the ref as play resumed and after the match.
On Sky Sport Italia, Fabio Capello and Alessandro Del Piero said it was “a clear penalty, no arguments.”
Ruud Gullit and Wenger on beIN Sports both confirmed they too would have given a penalty to Ronaldo.
The post Champions League: Chiesa makes promise to Porto after Juventus’ 2-1 defeat in Portugal appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Chelsea vs Man United: Premier League releases statement over penalty decision
- Serie A: Signing Cristiano Ronaldo was a mistake by Juventus – Cassano
- Opoku, Mensah miss penalties for either side as Super Clash ends goalless
- Bayern Munich Are The Best Club In The World – Pep Guardiola
- EPL: Rio Ferdinand identifies two players Man United should sign after failing to beat Chelsea