Nollywood actor, Chiwetalu Agu has been released by the Department of State Services (DSS), as his release was secured by the Actors Guild of Nigeria.
He was first arrested by the Army on October 7, 2021 around Upper Iweka in Onitsha, Anambra State for adorning a Biafra outfit while distributing bread and other items to the poor, before he was later picked up by the DSS in the evening of that day.
The Actors Guild of Nigeria in a recent statement has now announced the release of the actor. The statement read; “The National President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Ejezie Emeka Rollas, has yet again secured the release of Actor Chiwetalu Agu from the custody of the DSS.
“On behalf of the Guild, I was at the DSS office with my colleague, the Senior Special Assistant on Military Affairs and Inter Governmental Relations to the President, Steve Eboh, to receive Mr. Agu today.
“The elated veteran actor thanked God for surviving the ordeal and commended the leadership of the Actors Guild of Nigeria headed by Ejezie Emeka Rollas for their relentless efforts in securing his release from the detention.”
- Why I believe Buhari govt knows bandits – Actor Chiwetalu Agu
- ‘Buhari Govt Knows Bandits’ – Chiwetalu Agu Claims
- IPOB To Lock Down South-East If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Released By November 4
- Actor Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on set of ‘Rust’ that killed cinematographer, sheriff says.
Director of photography Halyna Hutchins was killed, and director Joel Souza is injured.
- Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- Find out the truth – the tuple report will be released on Wednesday
- Bitcoin charges $ 64,000 as Tesla ATH pushes Elon Musk to $ 250 billion in net worth
- MacOS Monterey deployment now: how to download
- Iranian governor slapped during speech by another Govt official (Video)
- Iris Scanning Worldcoin Idea Fuels Objections From Privacy Advocates — Snowden Says ‘Don’t Catalog Eyeballs’