MSNBC host Chris Hayes blasted Fox News and right-wing media for falsely blaming wind turbines as the root cause of the debilitating power outages plaguing Texas, accusing “these charlatans” on Tuesday of pushing “painful culture war idiocy” in an effort to demonize clean energy.
With much of Texas steeped in darkness as historic winter storms rage, the demand for electricity has skyrocketed, and right-wing media has assigned the lion’s share of the blame to the state’s wind farms. Pointing to images of frozen wind turbines, Fox News has tied Joe Biden’s push for green energy to the catastrophe in Texas, even though the state gets the vast majority of its energy from fossil fuels.
Kicking off his primetime MSNBC program by recapping the devastation in the Lone Star State, Hayes noted that over four million Texans were stuck without power amid freezing temperatures on Tuesday.
- Texas utility files for bankruptcy after $2.1 bn power bill | Newspot
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott Lifts Mask Mandate & Says Businesses Can Open To 100% Capacity
- Fox News’ Tomi Lahren Calls for Cancel Culture to Cancel Cancel Culture
- Chinese Man Causes Outage After Doing Sit-ups Atop Power Pole-— Newspot – Nigeria and World News
- UK Seeks Measures On COVID-19 Battered Economy