Governor Babajide Sanwoolu-Olu of Lagos has ordered that churches and mosques in the state to reopen from 7 August.
He said this during his weekly press briefing in Covid-19 today, 1 August.
While mosques will be reopened next week Friday, the governor said churches will follow suit on Sunday, August 9th, and they are to operate 50% of their capacity.
According to him, religious leaders must make available hand sanitisers, handheld thermometer checks, adding that the state government will ensure that social distancing is maintained.
Moreover, he has increased the number in a gathering from 20 to 50 people at a time.
- COVID-19: Daystar Christian Centre will not reopen on Sunday – Sam Adeyemi
- COVID-19: Check Out Churches That Would Remain Lockdown Today
- Police arrest men for violating COVID-19 curfew, then lock them up in a crowded cell
- Pastor Chris Okotie opposes usage of face-mask in church, says it denies the finished work of the cross
- I’m Waiting To Hear From God Before Reopening Church – TB Joshua