A Kentucky fertility expert best known for claiming to have cloned a human embryo is now being accused of impregnating an unwitting patient with his own sperm.
The woman, Lexington resident Diane White, claims in a lawsuit filed last month that Dr. Panayiotis Zavos gave her his own sperm instead of a donor’s when she visited him for fertility treatment in 1988. (Zavos denies this claim.)
White says she was referred to Zavos by her gynecologist after she expressed interest in becoming pregnant via in vitro fertilization. At the time, Zavos was working out of Central Baptist Hospital (now known as Baptist Health Lexington) where, according to the suit, he purported to practice “fertility medicine—”even though at the time he did not have a medical degree and was not licensed to practice in the state of Kentucky.
Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Right That America Can’t Afford Dems’ ‘Free’ Trillions
- Could This Space Rock Reveal the Origins of Life?
- Biles Training ‘Turn by Turn’ at Undisclosed Gym to Get Back Into Games, but Time Is Against Her
- Boris and Carrie Johnson announce they are expecting second child
- Does Dolly Parton Know What’s Happening at Her Stampede?