Trump campaign adviser Mercedes Schlapp attempted to clean up her disastrous interview with CNN’s Brianna Keilar by penning an op-ed about the network’s supposed “dishonesty” for the website RealClearPolitics. But she made at least one major mistake.
As The New York Times’ Maggie Haberman—channeling The Princess Bride’s Inigo Montoya—put it in a tweet, “I don’t think Brianna Keilar’s husband is who @mercedesschlapp appears to think he is when she slams him in this piece.”
In that piece, Schlapp wrote that she was “disturbed to learn that Brianna Keilar’s husband is a ferocious opponent of the president, a former director of the National Security Council under President Obama, and a man who tweets, among other things, that Donald Trump makes him ‘throw up.’”
- CNN’s Brianna Keilar Fires Back at Tucker Carlson and Kayleigh McEnany
- Dick Durbin: Hillary’s ‘Flat-Out Wrong’ for Saying Biden Shouldn’t Concede
- Why Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Won’t Surrender to Donald Trump
- The Road to Trump Is Paved With Smears of Decent Republicans
- Wall Street, Is Your Tax Cut More Important Than American Democracy?