Coach Steve Onishola, the Technical Director of Kwara Falcons Basketball Club of Ilorin, has died.
Onishola died barely 24 hours after his younger sister, Folake Aremu, a Nollywood actress popularly called Orisabunmi, died at 60.
The late basketball coach was said to have passed on at 71 on Thursday, Jan 7, in Illorin, following a brief illness.
The State Chairman of the association, Dr. Joseph Adeyemo, confirmed the death in Ilorin on Thursday.
The deceased was the Manager of Falcons on different occasions before he was appointed the club’s technical director.
Adeyemo said: “We are very sad by this unfortunate incident. In fact, we can’t find the right word to describe this moment.
“Coach Onishola was the symbol of basketball in Kwara, he was one of the most brilliant coaches of the game in Nigeria.
“The entire basketball family extends its deepest condolences to the deceased’s family and loved ones.”
The post Coach Onishola Dies Hours After Sister Orisabunmi’s Death appeared first on Concise News.
- Former Super Eagles Goalkeeper Joe Erico Is Dead
- Ex-Green Eagles’ goalkeeper Joe Erico is dead
- Quit Notice: Sunday Igboho, Supporters Chase Fulanis From Oyo [VIDEO]
- AFI organises certification course for district technical officials
- Geraldine’s Necklace Is the Biggest Clue Yet to What’s Happening on WandaVision