Over the past six weeks or so, late-night shows have been struggling to figure out how to make comedy out of our collective post-Trump reprieve.
Mostly, they have either found excuses to keep joking about Donald Trump or found new conservative targets like QAnon Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene and Cancun Senator Ted Cruz. More recently, on the latest episodes of Saturday Night Live, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo finally started taking some heat.
But one political figure who has mostly evaded comedic scrutiny—much to Fox News’ frustration—is the current president of the United States Joe Biden. Now that’s about to change on the new season of Tooning Out the News.
- Rep. Lee Zeldin raises $2.5 million in bid for governor
- John Oliver: Take to the Streets Over Police Killings of Daunte Wright and Adam Toledo
- ‘Younger’ Is the Perfect Show to Usher Us Out of TV’s Horrible Pandemic Era
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo Says Police Reform Won’t Happen Until ‘White People’s Kids Start Getting Killed’ (Video)
- Obaseki’s N60bn claim can’t be spurious, Wike says