Ahead of July 24 local council election in Lagos State, the South- South people living in Ejigbo Local Council Development Authority (LCDA) have thrown their weight behind the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in Ejigbo LCDA, Monsuru Oloyede Obe.
Their Leader, Paul Fregene, disclosed this, yesterday, at a rally organised in honour of the incumbent chairman. He said it was expedient for the region to support the APC candidate because of his stance in giving the region a voice in his administration and ensuring that they were visibly seen in Ejigbo politics and Lagos at large.
Fregene, who is the Secretary to the Local Council, thanked the APC flag-bearer for ensuring that the “region is always part of his empowerment programmes.”
He appealed to him to consolidate more on his projects, if re- elected. Obe promised more developmental projects, specially in the construction of Trunk B Road in lfoshi; creation of more schools; rehabilitation of healthcare centre and upgrading of the local council secretariat, if re- elected.
He said if re- elected, his “administration intends to donate three plots of land from the six plots acquired at Aigbaka Ward to construct the first Secondary School in Aigbaka and use the remaining to build a primary school, which will be commissioned before the end of his tenure.”
- Jonathan inaugurates GEJ Club, seeks partnership for sports development | Newspot
- Kaduna govt, UNDP launch CEWERS app | Newspot
- We Can Tackle The Insecurity And Other Problem If You Allow Us For The Third Term – Reply As A Concerned Nigerian
- No More Room For Late WASSCE Registration – WAEC Declares
- ‘The Media Circus’ – Who will Speak for Usifo Ataga? | Newspot