The Emir of Awe in Nasarawa State, Alh. Isah Abubakar Umar has submitted that traditional rulers have great roles to play in ensuring the security of lives and property in the country.
The monarch disclosed this during a condolence visit to the Emir of Kaura Namoda, Maj. Sanusi Muhammad Asha, (rtd) whose eight aides were killed by suspected terrorists in December, last year.
The monarch, therefore, appealed to the federal government and security agencies to always include traditional rulers in the scheme of things as critical stakeholders in security, adding that they should be accorded adequate support to play their constitutional role in addressing the insecurity ravaging the country.
Responding, the Emir of Kaura Namoda, Maj. Sanusi Muhammad Asha, (rtd) commended the Emir of Awe for the Visit, saying that plans were being put together to regain the position of traditional rulers in governance and security architecture of the country.
He also appealed to the government and traditional institutions to keep on working as frontiers in solving security challenges and provide modalities to move the country forward.
- Traditional Rulers Sabotaging Peace Efforts In Zamfara – Governor
- Igboho: Olubadan Calls For Unity Among Ethnic Groups
- Abia Monarch, Eze Bernard Enweremadu passes on
- Sunday Igboho: Makinde, IGP team, Monarchs To Visit Igangan Today
- ECOWAS: President Akufo-Addo laments terror attacks in Nigeria, others