In the fashion world, the global pandemic fundamentally altered how the industry thought about art, design, manufacturing, marketing, sales, and aesthetic. Just how drastically did things change? Tim Gunn started wearing sweatpants.
“I was sitting around in my apartment in my stiff upper-lip, stuffed-shirt clothing and then I thought, this is ridiculous. I’m really not very comfortable,” Gunn tells me in a recent Zoom ahead of season 2 of Making the Cut, which debuted this weekend on Amazon. “I segued into wearing my pajamas all day, every day. Then I thought, now I really feel like a slob. I feel like Ralph Kramden.”
When I tell him that people would be shocked to hear that Gunn, the former Project Runway host who may have never been seen in public in a suit with any less than three pieces, was, dare I say, lounging, he laughs and immediately gets defensive.
- Rising Black Celebrities to Look Out For
- [Music + Video] Chidinma – Ko S’Oba Bire
- Amazon violated labor law in Alabama union election, labor official finds
- MUSIC LOVERS!! Zinoleesky’s ‘Naira Marley’ vs Mohbad’s ‘Feel Good’ – Which Is A Bigger Banger?
- Camila Cabello Puts a Modern Twist on Cinderella in the Magical First Trailer