Weeks before telling her boyfriend that his estranged wife took his 5-year-old son, Theresa Balboa allegedly confessed to her roommate that little Samuel Olson was dead—and then put his body in a bathtub for two days, new documents reveal.
Authorities say that on May 10, Balboa called her roommate, Benjamin Rivera, telling him that Dalton Olson’s son had died. Rivera told investigators that he immediately left work and returned home to find the boy laying on the bed, unresponsive and covered in bruises, according to court documents first obtained by ABC13.
Desperate, the duo put Samuel in their apartment’s “bathtub, where he remained for two days” until Rivera was able to buy duct tape and a plastic tote from Walmart, he told authorities. The court documents state that Rivera and Balboa then wrapped the boy’s body in the sheet before placing him inside the tote bag and taking him to a storage unit in Webster, Texas.
Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
- Mom’s Ex-Boyfriend Arrested in 2010 Murder of Texas Teen Hailey Dunn
- Man Convicted Of Killing His Mother, Cutting Her Up, & Eating Her ‘Bit By Bit’ With His Dog
- Naya Rivera’s Dad Shares How Her Son Josey Is Coping Nearly A Year After Her Death
- The Senate Passes A Bill Declaring Juneteenth As An Federal Holiday, Still Awaiting Final Vote From The House
- Pooh Shiesty’s Alleged Shooting Victim Reportedly Recants Story–Says He’s Unaware Of What He Told Detectives (Update)