The last time Dave Chappelle dropped a new late-night set on Instagram, he was calling on fans to boycott his iconic sketch comedy series Chappelle’s Show on streaming because he wasn’t being properly compensated. Apparently, it worked.
In a new video titled “Redemption Song” posted early Friday morning, Chappelle announced from the stage at his current residency at Stubb’s in Austin, Texas, that his show is officially back on Netflix and this time he’s getting paid.
But before he got to that news, the comedian also addressed his recent COVID-19 diagnosis and shared his thoughts on the Trump-fueled rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol last month.
Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott Lifts Mask Mandate & Says Businesses Can Open To 100% Capacity
- ‘Death Cult!’ Hollywood SHRIEKS Over Texas Opening Up
- Mississippi Erupts Over School’s ‘Slave Letter Writing Activity’
- John Oliver Unloads on ‘Colossal Asshole’ Andrew Cuomo
- The World Is Becoming More LGBTQ-Diverse. TV Should Catch Up.