The corpse of a baby girl, suspected to be a day old, has been recovered in a well at Tsalle Village, Gezawa Local Government Area of Kano State.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the incident, which occurred on Thursday, was confirmed in a statement by Alhaji Saminu Abdullahi, spokesman for the Kano State Fire Service.
Abdullahi said the service received a distress call at about 12:25 p.m. on Thursday from one Abubakar Ahmed-Dandago.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent our rescue team to the scene at about 12:43p.m,” he said.
He further stated that the baby girl was brought out of the well dead.
Abdullahi said the corpse had been handed over to the Gezawa Divisional Police Station for further investigation.
NAN, however, reports that the identity of the child, especially her parents is yet to be unknown while initial suspicion was that the baby was thrown inside the well, dead already.
Newborn baby burnt at refuse dump in Jigawa
- Petrol station manager found dead inside underground tank
- Kano APC Confirms Suspension Of Federal Lawmaker For Attacking Ganduje
- I’m Not Retiring From Politics – Ganduje Reveals How Successor Will Emerge
- Wild video shows teen beaten, robbed of his sneakers inside Bronx deli
- Pearl Modiadie Shares Cool Photo Of Herself And Her White Baby Daddy (Photo)