By Egufe Yafugborhi
OFFICERS of the Eagle Crack Squad of the Rivers State Police Command who framed and allegedly tortured one Chima Ikwunado to death in December 2019 on false allegations have been dismissed and would be docked Tuesday for Conspiracy and Murder, among other charges.
The suspects who are being further tried for allegedly inflicting awful injuries on, Ifeanyi Onyekwere ‘m’, Ogbonna Victor ‘m’, Ifeanyi Osuji ‘m’ and Osaze Friday ‘m’ were on Monday de-kitted and dismissed from the Force following an Orderly Room Trial, prelude to their arraignment.
Police Spokesman, Rivers Command, Nnamdi Omoni, who disclosed this Monday night recalled that “The Commissioner of Police, CP Joseph Mukan had on assumption of duty in Rivers promised to address all cases of infractions and unprofessional conduct of the Officers and men of the Command.
“The dismissal of the officers today is a demonstration of his transparency and commitment to entrench discipline in the Command while appealing to the public to continue to have faith in the Police by assisting us with useful information as his doors are open, much as he welcomes constructive criticisms.”
The post Death in police cell: Indicted officers dismissed, charged appeared first on Vanguard News.
- Lawyer appeals the dismissal of a female soldier who was raped and impregnated by bandits
- Female soldier appeals after she was dismissed for being raped, impregnated by 5 bandits
- Pastor Arrested For Allegedly Raping His Co-pastor’s 11-Year-old Daughter In Imo
- Petrol sells at N150 in Rivers without incidents
- BREAKING: EFCC Redeploys Officers To Head Zones, Units (Full List)