Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has said the declaration of the South-East as a red zone will deprive the region of federal projects.
Federal Government ministries had declared the South-East as a red zone due to the spate of insecurity, according to the governor who spoke on Tuesday in Abakaliki.
He, however, lamented that what is being witnessed in the region in the name of self-determination and agitation amounts to “self-inflicted injury” by the people.
“The declaration of southeast as a red zone by these ministries means that what is due to us would be difficult to come.
“It is time for the zone’s leaders and people to collectively say no to the killings in the zone because we no longer see the real agenda of the agitations.
“The people should support governors from the zone and other leaders to permanently stop this bloodshed because we know the parents and communities of the perpetrators of the heinous acts,” the governor said.
- Atiku, Tambuwal, Mohammed Show Interest In Contesting 2023 Presidency
- Eight Nigerians Arrested For U.S. Online Romance Scam
- Gen Buratai commends President Buhari for ‘defeating’ Boko Haram
- Russian Oil Companies Propose to Mine Cryptocurrencies at Their Wells
- Collaborative efforts panacea for national peace, security in Nigeria — Gov Emmanuel
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- London Irish stun Exeter for first win of season
- Bitcoin “still bullish” even as BTC price drops to $ 50,000 – analysis
- DMX real estate battle gets even MORE complicated as alleged 15th heir surfaces pretending to be his child
- Man Who Won Over N410m In Lottery Says He Simply Wants To Buy Slippers And Toothbrush
- Man Puts Himself Up For Sale Due To Hardship In The Country