Some Nigerians on Saturday reportedly defiled the presence of police officers at the Lekki toll gate in Lagos to resume protest against bad governance in Nigeria.
Naija News reports that operatives of the Nigeria Police Force on Saturday apprehended no fewer than 18 protesters at the Lekki toll gate on Saturday.
Confirming the arrest, one of the coordinators of the protest, Kunle Ajayi, told the PUNCH that the youths were arrested and are about to be taken to an unknown location.
“Police have just arrested 10 protesters – Four ladies and six guys. They were beaten mercilessly and injured,” he said.
In a video, one of the arrested protesters said, “We have been arrested. Over 10 of us. We are kept in a Black Maria stationed at the toll gate now.”
But some protesters resumed, expressing dissatisfaction with the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry’s decision which allows the Lekki Concession Company to reopen the tollgate on Saturday.
“What do we want? Justice, what do we want? Justice, justice, justice,” the protesters chorused.
Some of those arrested include comedian, Debo Adebayo, popularly known as Mr Macaroni, Juwon Sanyaolu, Damilare Adenola, Kehinde Kiara and many others.
- Breaking: Lagos govt to take 24 % equity in TBS, Trade Fair Complex
- Uzodinma Finally Speaks On Why He Is ‘Fighting’ Okorocha
- Protesters march after decision to not charge Rochester cops in Daniel Prude’s death
- Court Orders Interim Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties
- Trouble As Ondo Chief Judge Accuses Akeredolu Of Plotting To Oust Her