Editors and reporters at the staunchly pro-Trump conservative outlet Breitbart News privately clashed over whether President Donald Trump was to blame for last week’s deadly Capitol riot, according to internal messages reviewed by The Daily Beast.
“I am just not feeling charitable AT ALL,” international news editor Frances Martel posted to Slack the morning after the rioting that left five people dead, including a police officer. “Destroy Trump.”
Martel lamented that Trump’s support for the MAGA mob had undone a decade’s worth of conservative politics, leaving the Republican Party “in shambles” and dimming the right-wing movement’s prospects.
- NY Prosecutors Are Looking at Don Jr. In Trump Biz Probe
- Mitch McConnell Says He’ll Support Trump in 2024 After Blaming Him for Capitol Riot
- Seth Meyers Loses It Over Trump’s Loyal ‘Chihuahua’ Lindsey Graham
- CPAC Goes Back to the Future, Doubles Down on a Proven Loser
- First Capitol Riot Hearing Only Raised More Questions About Jan. 6