A person who saw doomed “van-life” couple Gabby Petito and fiancé Brian Laundrie fighting in Moab, Utah, told cops that “something definitely didn’t seem right,” according to a witness statement released by authorities.
Petito and Laundrie set off in July to travel the U.S., visiting the country’s national parks and wilderness areas while living out of a converted 2012 Ford Transit Connect van. But although their online postings portrayed a blissful existence on the road, the couple’s relationship was in fact starting to fray by mid-August, a police report obtained by The Daily Beast revealed.
On Sept. 1, Laundrie, 23, arrived back at the North Port, Florida, home he shared with his parents and the 22-year-old Petito. But Petito, mysteriously, wasn’t with him. On Sept. 11, having not heard from their daughter in two weeks—and after receiving an “odd” text message that raised red flags for Petito’s mom—the Petito family called the police to report her missing. Three weeks later, Petito’s body was found in Wyoming’s Bridger-Teton National Forest.
Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
- Zamfara: police confirm kidnapping of 3 potential body members
- Visually impaired teacher gets automatic employment after 7 years of volunteering in Kano
- Former Plastic Surgeon Reveals How He Killed His Wife And Threw Her Out Of A Plane
- Osinbajo Decides On 2023 Presidency ‘After Tinubu Snubbed Him, Adeboye In London’
- Man Puts Himself Up For Sale Due To Hardship In The Country
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- Find out the truth – the tuple report will be released on Wednesday
- Bitcoin charges $ 64,000 as Tesla ATH pushes Elon Musk to $ 250 billion in net worth
- MacOS Monterey deployment now: how to download
- Iranian governor slapped during speech by another Govt official (Video)
- Iris Scanning Worldcoin Idea Fuels Objections From Privacy Advocates — Snowden Says ‘Don’t Catalog Eyeballs’