Roommates, according to TMZ, DMX is still currently on life support and scheduled for a series of critical brain function tests on April 7th to determine the next steps in his treatment according to his manager Steve Rifkind. This latest update comes just after family and friends recently visited DMX at the White Plains, New York hospital where he is currently receiving treatment.
Rifkind also confirmed that DMX is not only still in a coma in a reported “vegetative” state, his brain function has sadly not changed since he was rushed to the hospital last week following a heart attack. Just hours earlier, hundreds of fans gathered outside of DMX’s hospital to hold a prayer vigil for him and show their love and support for the legendary rapper.
In response to the inaccurate information circulating regarding DMX’s condition, Rifkind had this to say:
“DMX is currently on life support and in a coma. There are multiple people with inaccurate information about his well-being and it is not helpful and productive. Tomorrow he will undergo further tests on his brain function and his family will determine what’s best from there. We appreciate your prayers and support.”
View this post on Instagram
As we previously reported, DMX suffered a drug overdose inside of his home around 11 p.m. on April 2nd, and sources close to the situation say that it triggered a heart attack. He was rushed to a hospital in White Plains, New York and is currently in critical condition.
We want to continue to send DMX our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Want tea directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
The post DMX Still On Life Support & Scheduled For Critical Brain Function Tests Later This Week appeared first on The Shade Room.
- Actor Mehcad Brooks Says He Would Be “Honored And Humbled” To Play DMX In A Future Biopic
- Jennifer Lopez & Alex Rodriguez Confirm They Are Parting Ways: “We Are Better As Friends”
- Prosecutor Jerry Blackwell Slams Testimony From Dr. David Fowler Suggesting George Floyd Died From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Dr. Tobin Testifies In Rebuttal For State–Says Carbon Monoxide Theory Is ‘Simply Wrong’ (Video)
- Flavor Flav Has Had It With People Confusing Him For Lil Boosie (Video)