Couple of days ago, Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church International aka Winners’ Chapel sacked about 40 pastors for not meeting a certain target.
Godwin, who was in one of the church’s branches in Ekiti State, claimed he was told by the management that the church doesn’t operate at a loss.
“They also told me that the total income that is being generated from my station should be able to cater for my welfare and accommodation, so as a result of low income, I’m hereby dismissed” he said.
Reacting to the allegation in a video, Bishop Oyedepo said the sack of the pastors was not about money, adding that they were sacked as a result of their faliure to win souls to God and the church “has no patience with failure”.
NOW LET’S TALK!!
I’m of the opinion that 99% of nowadays pastors, were not called by God. They called/appointed themselves.
They came for business; nothing else. That’s why they’re being paid monthly salary.
How could you sack someone called by God? So the Almighty God called them to become pastors and deputy Jesus (Oyedepo) sacked them for not being fruitful? Laughable!
Can Oyedepo back this up with Bible verse? That pastors should be fired for not meeting target on soul winning?
Church is more like a business venture these days.
99% Pastors Were Not Called By God, They Called Themselves -DO YOU AGREE?
Drop your comment below
- OPINION!! Bishop Oyedepo Is One Of The Reasons Why People See Church/Christianity As A Joke (See This)
- Oyedepo reportedly pays graduate pastors N38,000 monthly
- Daddy Freeze makes comparison between Oyedepo and Obi Cubana
- Sacked Winners Pastor Gets Compensated, Receives Better Salary
- ‘I Refused Moving To US In 1987,’ Oyedepo Knocks Nigerians Rushing Abroad To Do Menial Jobs