Apparently, Simi would have ended up working with famed record label boss, Don Jazzy but her inability to win a contest organized for budding singers like herself by Jazzy on Twitter back then derailed this.
The Marvin Record boss made this disclosure while speaking in a Black Box Interview with Ebuka Obi-Uchend. The music producer who is famed for nurturing young talent and making them take the music industry by storm, also spoke about how he missed the chance of recruiting Falz, Simi, and Teni and helping fashion their stardom when they were springing up.
Talking about Simi, Don Jazzy said;
“I equally didn’t reject Simi. I did a Twitter contest for ‘Journey of A Thousand Miles’. I also loved her cover because she was one of the people that participated but she didn’t win.
I didn’t pick the winners. I liked her but you can’t sign anybody. That’s one person I also regretted, I won’t say regret. But I wish we worked on stuff together. The same thing with Teni. We used to check up on each other.“
The post Don Jazzy Recounts How Simi Failed To Win A Contest He Organised Years Ago appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Don Jazzy, Burna Boy Spotted Together In The Studio (Video)
- ‘I Am Surprised At How Young Girls Are Trying To Live Up To A Standard That Does Not Exist On Social Media’ – Singer, Simi
- Chrissy Teigen Reveals HILARIOUS Reason She Posts More Photos Of Luna Than Miles!
- Nigerian Govt Lifts Ban On Registration Of New SIMs
- David Hasselhoff’s Daughter Hayley Celebrates Being The First Plus-Size Playboy Cover Model In Europe