Dr. Anthony Fauci made his displeasure with Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) abundantly clear during a Tuesday morning Senate hearing, tearing into the Republican lawmaker and accusing him of “lying.”
Throughout the past year, the nation’s top infectious disease expert and the Kentucky senator have regularly clashed over the pandemic and the government’s response to it. Over the past few months, however, the back-and-forth has grown even more heated as Paul has outright accused Fauci of funding so-called gain-of-function research in China that resulted in the development of COVID-19.
Paul has previously claimed Fauci is “morally culpable” for the pandemic and on Tuesday immediately grilled the doctor over a grant provided by the National Institutes of Health that contributed to a study at a lab in Wuhan. Referencing their last exchange in May in which Fauci denied that the NIH funded gain-of-function research to mutate animal viruses to infect humans, the Kentucky senator suggested Fauci was guilty of perjury.
- ‘Going to Get Worse’: Fauci Issues Urgent New Plea for People to Get Vaccines
- Mark Your Calendars! Frank Ocean Is Set to Headline Coachella in 2023
- APC Holds Ward Congresses Nationwide – Newspot
- Covid-19 – Nigeria Records 11 New Deaths, 444 Infections As Third Wave Spreads
- Cleric Reveals What Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho Must Do To Secure Release