Dubai resident and founder-director of the Malhaar Center for Performing Arts, Jogiraj Sikidar received the UAE VISA d’or in the art and culture category.
“A few months ago, I received an email from the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority stating that I had been nominated for the Golden Visa in the Creative Category. It was such a pleasant surprise because I didn’t had no idea who appointed me, and I had not applied for a visa myself, ”Sikidar said.
“I am honored and grateful to the government of the United Arab Emirates for this honor.” Sikidar said. This visa guarantees my belief that Dubai is a cultural melting pot of the world where talented artists can flourish in the realm of creativity, ”he added.
The Golden Visa is part of the UAE immigration initiative to attract talented investors, professionals, academics, artists who could enrich UAE society and possibly seek to settle in the United Arab Emirates – one of the best places to live and work.
“I moved to Dubai from India almost sixteen years ago and made the emirate my home. To be honest my music career has blossomed in Dubai since I decided to “give up my career in audiovisual media, become a full-time artist and create Malhaar Center for Performing Arts. The country has given me so much and I am grateful to the leaders of this country for their vision,” said Sikidar.
READ ALSO :
>> Singer Sonu Nigam obtains the Golden Visa from the United Arab Emirates
>> Dubai: Grand Mufti of India receives Golden Visa from United Arab Emirates
A musician by training, Sikidar is owned by Kirana Gharana and his teachers include pillars like Pt. Mani Prasad, Kankana Banerjee, Shikha Ganguly and Professor Rita Ganguly. Sikidar has mastered the legendary style of the Thumri interpretation of the late Siddeswari Devi and Begum Akhtar; a rare achievement for artists of his generation.
For over 30 years now, Jogiraj has been dedicated to the performance and dissemination of Hindustani classical music. He graduated from Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi and is an alumnus of IIM, Ahmedabad, India. Sikidar has directed and produced Indian Broadway musicals through Dubai-based Malhaar, the UAE’s largest Indian performing arts ensemble. In 2016, Sikidar launched the Malhaar Center for Performing Arts in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, to connect the NRI community to its heritage.
The post Dubai-based Indian classical musician receives UAE golden visa appeared first on The Bharat Express News.
- Coronavirus: UAE reports 94 cases of Covid-19, 123 recoveries, 1 death
- Investment Advisers Prohibited From Crypto Activities in India, Regulator Warns
- India must convince neighbors against China’s debt trap: Gen Bipin Rawat
- Saudi Arabia, leading oil exporter, targets net zero emissions by 2060
- The NFT Magazine Project Plans to Drop a Periodical in the Form of an NFT on Ethereum
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- Find out the truth – the tuple report will be released on Wednesday
- Bitcoin charges $ 64,000 as Tesla ATH pushes Elon Musk to $ 250 billion in net worth
- MacOS Monterey deployment now: how to download
- Iranian governor slapped during speech by another Govt official (Video)
- Iris Scanning Worldcoin Idea Fuels Objections From Privacy Advocates — Snowden Says ‘Don’t Catalog Eyeballs’