The Edo State Government has announced that from Wednesday, September 15, all civil servants who are yet to receive the COVID-19 vaccine will be barred from entering their offices.
The Head of the COVID-19 Enforcement Team in the state, Haruna Yusuf, disclosed this at a press briefing on Tuesday.
“We have trained special teams and these special teams will be spread across the 18 local governments of Edo State.
“What we are going to do tomorrow is to allow those who have the authentic vaccination card, access to their government working places and those without, can go back and work from home and government will know how to deal with that,” Yusuf said.
Read Also: ‘An Obvious Misconception’; Edo Govt Denies ‘Compulsory Vaccination’ For Residents
This comes amid speculations that the state government is working towards making vaccination compulsory for all residents.
However, Governor Godwin Obaseki in a statement last week described the reports as an “obvious misconception”.
He had given residents up to the second week of September to get a vaccine or risk being barred from public places such as banks, receptions, churches and mosques.
So far, Edo State has recorded 5,945 COVID-19 cases.
It has also recorded the second-highest death toll in the country (214) – justifying talks about the ‘compulsory vaccination’, as part of measures to curb the spread of the virus.
Below is a breakdown of the COVID-19 cases across Nigeria.
|States Affected||No. of Cases (Lab Confirmed)||No. of Cases (on admission)||No. Discharged||No. of Deaths|
- Nigeria Records 159 COVID-19 Cases, 74 More Recoveries
- Coronavirus: UAE reports 94 cases of Covid-19, 123 recoveries, 1 death
- Nonsensical, Absurd: Ohanaeze Rejects IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Over Nnamdi Kanu
- Oyo Prison Attack Exposed Nigeria’s Poor Security – Gani Adams
- BBNaija Gifty declares Davido the best dad
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- Find out the truth – the tuple report will be released on Wednesday
- Bitcoin charges $ 64,000 as Tesla ATH pushes Elon Musk to $ 250 billion in net worth
- MacOS Monterey deployment now: how to download
- Iranian governor slapped during speech by another Govt official (Video)
- Iris Scanning Worldcoin Idea Fuels Objections From Privacy Advocates — Snowden Says ‘Don’t Catalog Eyeballs’