Operatives of the Ilorin Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, have arrested 30 suspected internet fraudsters in a sting operation at Kwara State University, KWASU, Malete.
The suspects were arrested following actionable intelligence on their alleged involvement in internet-related fraud activities. Part of the intelligence indicated that suspected internet fraudsters were operating in campuses around Ilorin metropolis to swindle unsuspecting victims of their hard-earned income. Based on the intelligence, and weeks of surveillance, operatives of the Commission on September 19, 2021 executed a search warrant in hostels within the KWASU campus, where a number of arrests were made.
In the course of interrogation, those found not culpable were released to the Student Union Government, SUG, of the School, while the targets of the sting operation were brought to the Ilorin Zonal Command for further questioning.
Some of the items recovered from them include six exotic cars, several laptops, mobile phones and other incriminating documents.
The suspects will be charged to court as soon as the investigation is concluded.
- Eight Nigerians Arrested For U.S. Online Romance Scam
- Female secondary school student caught on camera forcing her male classmate to kiss her
- KWSG tours Ilorin Streets, Ensures Total Evacuation Of Refuse
- DSS Releases Two Igboho Aides After 114 Days In Custody
- Man In Trouble After Killing His Wife Over Jealousy
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- London Irish stun Exeter for first win of season
- Bitcoin “still bullish” even as BTC price drops to $ 50,000 – analysis
- DMX real estate battle gets even MORE complicated as alleged 15th heir surfaces pretending to be his child
- Man Who Won Over N410m In Lottery Says He Simply Wants To Buy Slippers And Toothbrush
- Man Puts Himself Up For Sale Due To Hardship In The Country