President Buhari is currently in his hometown in Daura, Katsina state for the Sallah holiday.,and hundreds of residents stepped out to greet him.
The president joined other Muslims to observe the Eid prayers at the central mosque in the community. While on his way home, residents of the community filed out in their numbers to hail him.
Buhari, in the Sallah message by his spokesman, Mallam Garba Shehu, said: “Let us expose undesirable elements among us who are creating security problems for the country.
“I urge all Muslims to continue to live in peace and harmony with their fellow Nigerians of other faiths in the spirit of peaceful coexistence. Let us pray for the progress of Nigeria at all times.”
Buhari reiterated the determination of his administration to create a just, harmonious and prosperous country in which the safety of lives and property is assured.
He added that the current insecurity bedeviling the country has produced severe and adverse effects on agriculture because farmers are prevented from accessing their farms by bandits and terrorists.
He, however, reassured Nigerians that his administration is taking measures to address the security challenges.
“We have started taking delivery of fighter aircraft and other necessary military equipment and hardware to improve the capacity of our security forces to confront terrorism and banditry,” he stated.
- 2023: Stop Comparing Us To APC, PDP Replies Jega
- I Have No Joy Governing Katsina, Insecurity Giving Me Sleepless Nights – Masari
- 2023: Lazy Politicians Demanding Southern Presidency – Northern Elders
- 2023: Northerners Can’t Be Forced To Vote A Southern President – Baba-Ahmed
- Buhari Is Not A Fool, I Pray Those Provoking Him Don’t See His Anger – Senator Adefuye